I'm a day late, but after all the festivities yesterday, I was too pooped to post last night. What a fun day we had! Bella's still too young to take downtown to celebrate, so we had a party/bar-b-q chez nous. Our friends Yvonne, Scott, and Phoenix joined us, as did our friends William, Paul and Adam. And what perfect weather we had! Perfectly sunny, 26 degrees and no humidity!
Here's a whole lotta pics from the day:
With the pool water temperature finally warm enough, Bella had her first dip in the pool of the season. Her papa took her in after Phoenix and Adam tested the water to make sure that it was...fun enough, warm enough, wet enough....

I didn't get a pic of it, but it was HILARIOUS watching 2 grown men trying to put Bella in this floatie. I swear, it took them about 10 minutes! Yvonne and I couldn't help them out, we were waaay to busy laughing, of course!
Finally, Bella's all set to play in the water!
Here's a whole lotta pics from the day:
With the pool water temperature finally warm enough, Bella had her first dip in the pool of the season. Her papa took her in after Phoenix and Adam tested the water to make sure that it was...fun enough, warm enough, wet enough....


I didn't get a pic of it, but it was HILARIOUS watching 2 grown men trying to put Bella in this floatie. I swear, it took them about 10 minutes! Yvonne and I couldn't help them out, we were waaay to busy laughing, of course!
Finally, Bella's all set to play in the water!

Splashing it up!...and realizing that it's deep enough that she can kick her legs too!


Relaxin' pool side; William and Paul.

Yvo and Scott laughing at each other.

Bella (her lips, a slight shade of blue post pool dip), and a rare shot of mama...(Yvo was 2nd official photographer of the day...)

I'm not sure who looks scarier: Bella, or the guy with the mohawk and tattoos. I think Bella may actually win for the meanest looking face!? (And dare I say this could be yet another variation of the same face??)


Mom, trying to get the perfect shot: Bella, sooo serious.

Yvo comes to the rescue: A smirk ensues.

Yay! Bella can't contain her laughter. That Yvo is one funny gal!
Hey guess what?! It's that face again!
And at last, a near perfect shot:

Bella was long in bed by the time the fireworks started over Parliament Hill at 1005 pm. But who needs to go downtown when you have your very own fireworks show in your backyard?! We couldn't have asked for a better end to the evening. Right behind our house in the school yard there was a good half hour fireworks show that was quite astonishing considering it was just average everyday people that organized it all (I'm thinking they probably didn't have any pyro experience). And we could see everything perfectly, right from our back deck between two huge maple trees. Lovely.
We hope everybody had a great Canada Day!







No comments:
Post a Comment