Sunday, May 27, 2007

Vancouver- Part Deux.

Day 2 in Vancouver started off with sleeping in (well, as much as you can sleep in with a 3 month old...) and a delicious full course breakfast prepared by our very gracious hosts Tom & Denise. And while daddy was taking his shower, Ysabella laughed for the very first time! I'm not even sure what she was laughing at (well, she was looking at me, so I can only assume it was me she was laughing at...). It was an all-out giggle. The cutest thing. Of course, now she'll only do it for her daddy. I try not to take offense to that.

We had the afternoon free before catching our ferry back to Victoria. So, Tom & Denise kindly did some more tour-guiding and took us up the Sea to Sky Highway to Squamish. What an absolutely stunning drive! Our first stop was Shannon Falls (sp?), which is normally about a 30 min or so (if I recall correctly...) drive from Vancouver. But it's a bit longer of a drive now because of all the road construction that's going on to prepare for the 2010 Olympic Games. Some pictures from Shannon Falls:







Next, it was off for lunch. And for the life of me, I can't remember the name of the place where we had lunch. Tom, can you help me out with that? Anyhoo, it was a small little pub tucked away, a gorgeous view, yummy food (salmon, shrimp, bar-b-q'd oysters, not to mention the beer!) Well, here's the photos.

And here's my first attempt at with my new camera using Photostitch to merge many photos to create one Panoramic one...I kinda cut the top of one of the mountains off, and I don't remember the river being that curved...but you get the idea anyways.
Finishing up the oysters and thoroughly enjoying the beer (iced tea for Denise...)
It was a beautiful afternoon and Ysabella was hot, so off came the clothes. We found out that she just loves to be dressed in only a diaper...honestly, what baby doesn't?? And for some reason, she found her fingers to be very tasty. Finger licken' good.

Before we knew it, it was time to catch the Ferry. Thank you again to Tom and Denise for being such amazing hosts, we had an absolutely fantastic time and it was wonderful to see you again.


Ysa in the Valiant (but not yet buckled in) for the drive back to Victoria from Nanaimo. We'll be oh-so-sad to see that car go! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment