Monday, February 02, 2009

Barf-Fest makes it's rounds chez nous

For all of those waiting to see Ysabella's Birthday pictures, unfortunately, you'll have to wait a bit longer. First, because her birthday party was held during my 4 day work stretch (I gladly took a vacation day on Saturday to throw her a birthday party.) I was hoping to get a post with pictures up today, but that plan may need to be postponed because Barf-Fest has reared it's ugly head in our home.

Bella woke up and barfed all over her papa (in addition to having puked in her crib during the night). I was at work, not feeling so hot and wondering why. Then Ed called me at 645am and updated me. I came home, (it's now 830am), and I've been vomited on once already. Bella has thrown up 4x since I've been home, in less than an hour. Surprisingly, she remains quite cheery despite her first bout with the flu and walking around in a zombie state. It's crazy to watch her puke and look at us afterwards with a combination of innocence, shock and confusion as if to say: "What is making this happen? Where is this coming from? Make it stop!" Thank goodness Ed is staying home today. To add to that, I was supposed to have my very first cavity/'sticky spot' filled this afternoon. I rescheduled that appointment, obviously. (My life right now is sounding eerily familiar to somebody else's I know....isn't that crazy?)

Will update later...Ed just followed behind Bella and said.."Now if you have to throw up, throw up in this bowl, okay Bella." I'm laughing as I write this. Good luck with that, honey. I suppose it doesn't hurt to try...

1 comment:

  1. You poor things!! I swear we didn't bring the germs... we'd been over barf-fest for 4 days by the time we saw you! It's everywhere, this bug. All the kids at playgroup have had it. Take care and get some sleep.. it's nasty.
    Lee
    p.s And the filling was nothing... such a breeze.

    ReplyDelete