Monday, January 26, 2009

Books for friends.

Bella is still a huge fan of reading books. We realized that we have a few books she would love to share with her friends, because they remind her of them so much. (Try to read the text if you can.)

The first book is called 'New Friends for Sammy.'
The second book is called 'Let's Go Potty.' (side note; I find it amusing that they put a disclaimer on the back of the book: WARNING: Unsuitable for children under 24 months...What the heck do they think is going to happen if we read this book to our child and they're under 24 months? Oh well, I've already scarred her for life with the whole Santa Claus thing, remember?)

Both books have characters named Charlie and Sam, or Chuck and Sammy. Coincidental? Apparently, these two names belong together, so, it is quite fitting that those are the names of her friends Charley and Sam, who just happen to be siblings. And we can't forget Bella's other friend named Baby Sam. What do you think Pascale...next baby, if it's a girl, Charlize? Or Charley? (Uber- cute as a girl's name, no?)

In other Baby Bella news, our little girl is growing up! She made a poop in the toilet this morning! Er, the poop fell in the toilet this morning. Lately, Bella loves to "be naked". She asks us to take her clothes off all the time. "Want to be naked!" she says. (We're hoping...Ed especially... that this is just a toddler phase, and that she'll grow out it before she goes to high school...) So, she ate breakfast in the buff today (totally hilarious!), cleaned her hands and face and got down from the chair to play with her toys. While she was playing, I happened to look over at her and with a terrified look on her face, she said to me: "Poo-poo mommy, poo-poo!" So, off we ran to the toilet! I sat her down and then I heard the tiniest of plops. Sure enough, there it was at the bottom of the toilet. She was mighty proud of herself, and I was proud of her, too. Now, I realize it's a bit early and she's far off from being toilet trained, but we'll take each small accomplishment as they come!

Bella hiding behind the chair turning the lamp on and off, on and off, on and off...
Taking a quick break from running around to eat an almond.

Our little problem-solver. Here she gets her stool from another room so she can reach her cup.

Houston, we have a problem. "Help, mommy, I'm stuck!".

Free at last, free at last...to do more running around. "I'm running lots" she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment