Saturday, January 12, 2008

I survived.

I survived (although just barely), my first week of work. I've forgotten how tiring it is to work on your feet for 12 hours a day! I was like a fish out of water in the beginning (and thankfully, I didn't drop any babies!), but after the first 2 shifts it felt like I wasn't even away for 14 months. While it was great seeing all my coworkers, having adult conversation, and to be back in the swing of things, I missed Ysabella terribly. I especially missed her on my second day shift. I hope this gets easier!

Ysabella is still sick with some sort of nasty bug that just doesn't want to evacuate her little body. Let me tell you, diarrhea for a straight week is not pretty...last evening was especially rough for her. To try to let her body heal, the doctor has suggested we take her off of all diary products for at least a week. (And because I'm still nursing Ysabella, the 'no dairy' applies to me as well! Boo! You all know how I love milk!) So, all of that being said, I haven't taken any pictures these past 4 days as I've been too busy delivering babies and changing poopy diapers.

In lieu of pics, there's a few new sites for you to take a gander at if you're interested, and have some spare time. (Spare time??? What's that???) Links to the right.

Pictures of the little lady to follow in the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. Hey darlin'! You DID it... and just think... every week will get a little bit easier. Plus, there are countless thankful new parents out there who are glad you were at work this week. Good job. Give your wee miss a smooch for me and we'll visit when she's feeling better. (We had a really rough time around a year with teeth too... Those damn molars!)

    ReplyDelete