Saturday, October 30, 2010

Prepping for Halloween 2010

This year's pumpkin carving was much more fun for Ysabella than it was last year. She's older now, and she is more coordinated, which means she was better able to get involved and help her papa out. Well, at least I thought she was more coordinated. But then she went and fell off the chair that she was standing on while she was helping her dad. She cried for a bit, but nothing was bleeding or broken, so all was okay in the end. And it was pretty easy to distract her from the pain with just 2 little words: Halloween candy.

Here's some pics from this year's pumpkin carving event, which of course, became a snack-on-an-insane-amount-of-Halloween-candy-event.

Ed had just cut the top off of the pumpkin when Bella got a whiff of it. Do you think she liked the smell of it?

I believe her exact words at this moment were: "It smells disgusting!" That face is priceless, and it makes me laugh out loud. (And I think my family would agree, that face is all me!)

However, she very quickly became accustomed to the smell, and it wasn't long before the smiles were back and she was brave enough to dig in!

Who can resist the ooey-gooey feel of pumpkin between your fingers? (Bella called it the "ooey-gooey gutts"!) It felt oh-so-yucky, yet she continued to go back for more again and again and again!

Ysabella lost her whole arm in the pumpkin!

Seeds! Yum!

Eeew! Gross!

Admiring the final results. (She loved it!)


And this is was the view from out our front door this evening. No kidding. After this photo was taken, even more of the white stuff fell. I hope it will be gone by morning. If this is any indication of the winter to come, it's going to be a long, cold, and very snowy winter. Booo to that! (punn intended! hardy har har!) It's also going to make for some very cold Trick-Or-Treating!

In honour of Halloween, a not-so-scary spider song for you!

(Oh, and please try to ignore the dead-ish looking tree in the corner. Sadly, my ficus has dropped every single leaf it had. It's done this twice before and it came back to life both times. I'm optimistic this will happen again. Or I'm in complete denial. I'll give it a few more weeks. In the meantime, Bella is using it to hang her toy helicopter, maraca, and other various items from around the house.)

No comments:

Post a Comment