Saturday, May 29, 2010

It's Fair Time!

'Tis the season for summer fairs! I guess I didn't have much to compare it to (only one other, to be exact), but today Bella and I went to the Gloucester Fair with our friends Nancy and her daughter Sydney, and I swear I had as much fun as the kids! Maybe it was the fact that Bella was able to go on so many rides this year? Or maybe it was that I loved seeing her laugh and giggle so much? Whatever it was, we'll be sure to bring her back to this one next year! (Special thanks to Nancy and Sydney who played chaperone for me while I stood on the sidelines to take pictures...oh that, and my preggo butt took one look at those spinny rides and I almost puked...)

Lots of fun pics, so let's get started!

Bella sees all the rides and can't wait to go on them!

(I think they're excited.)

The ever popular merry-go-round. Pure Kiddie Bliss!

Bella's first official roller coaster ride. (She's not so sure she likes it.)

Enjoying a leisurely drive...

Yep, you read right, it's 'Doo-Doo' The Clown.

Bella's not sure what to make of Doo-Doo. She kept her distance and found him only occasionally funny. But her name was picked for a prize! We won a family pass to Canada's Agriculture Museum. Yay! (A self-pic):

Feeding the llama.

I can wipe cotton candy off the list of her favourite summer treats. She took a few bites and said: "Here mommy, you can have the rest!"

Ice cream, however, now that's a different story altogether....Yummy!

A few games (Sydney and Bella won a prize!) and one last ride on the "Dizzy Dragons" before heading home.


Oh, and there was another 'first' today while at the fair. Bella used a port-a-pottie for the first time. I find those to be gross, gross, gross. Did I mention I think they are gross? (I must have been traumatized as a child...) I don't think I said to her enough times: "Now don't touch anything Bella. Bella, don't touch..." She did wonderful (and she didn't touch a thing). Then we washed, washed again, and used hand sanitizer. Repeat, again and again...

She was put down to bed tonite and she fell asleep in about a minute flat. I'm about to do the same. Nighty-night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment