My Mother's Day Poem:
Parenthood has been so much fun, (insert: except for tonite when she told me her t-bone steak tasted like dog food!! We don't even have a dog! Who taught her that???!!??)
That we thought we'd have another one!
I'm halfway there, 20 weeks have passed.
Ed tells me this baby will be our last!
A healthy baby is what we'd like.
A brother OR sister for our little tyke.
"It's a girl!", Ysabella insists.
"I only want a sister!", she persists.
This baby inside me already moves so much.
It's little arms and legs really pack a punch!
My gut feeling is that this baby's a boy.
Bella tells us she'll share just one toy.
September 24th is the baby's due date...
Here's to hoping it won't come late!!!
I figured, what better day to make the announcement of our impending arrival (and the fact that I'll be a 2nd-time mom!) than on Mother's Day!
We had our 20 week morphology ultrasound on Friday. All is perfect! 10 fingers, 10 toes, and all the other vital parts are present. We are very lucky.
Despite her not wanting to share all her toys, Ysabella is getting excited that there will be a baby soon. She hugs my belly daily and has even tried to spoonfeed /give it a bottle through my belly button!
Ysabella, however, will have nothing to do with the fact that she might get a brother. She's insistent that it's a girl, and she wants to name her 'Ysabella'. (I've already told her that's probably NOT going to happen...) A typical conversation goes like this:
Geez. Do you think we're going to have a problem with her when she's a teenager???
We had our 20 week morphology ultrasound on Friday. All is perfect! 10 fingers, 10 toes, and all the other vital parts are present. We are very lucky.
Despite her not wanting to share all her toys, Ysabella is getting excited that there will be a baby soon. She hugs my belly daily and has even tried to spoonfeed /give it a bottle through my belly button!
Ysabella, however, will have nothing to do with the fact that she might get a brother. She's insistent that it's a girl, and she wants to name her 'Ysabella'. (I've already told her that's probably NOT going to happen...) A typical conversation goes like this:
Me: "You know Bella, this baby might not be a girl, it could be a boy. What if it's a boy?"
Bella: "What if it's a girl?????"
Geez. Do you think we're going to have a problem with her when she's a teenager???
Here's a profile pic of the little bun in my oven (from Friday's 20 week ultrasound).

And all right, I'm going all out here...all dignity gone! I've been keeping a photo diary of my growing belly...and Ysabella wanted to participate in last week's photo session. The photo of her lifting her top makes me laugh, so I had to share it...(yeah, I know, my belly is significantly bigger at 20 weeks this time around! Abs? What abs??!!)

p.s. My friend Miranda and her husband Andrew are also expecting their first baby! Due date: September 25th!! Just one day after mine. YAY! A playmate!! Congratulations!!
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!!
No comments:
Post a Comment