Day 1: Play, play, play.
There's nothing like summer fresh fruit. Bella particularly loves blueberries and strawberries...

Now that Ed has been given the okay by his eye doctor to pick her up, Bella's happy in her daddy's arms once again!
Let the playing begin!Her well-loved rocking caterpillar, given to her by a friend. The original eyes have rubbed off with so much love/use. I think somebody may have tried to put new ones on him at some point, but those seem to have rubbed off too. Poor thing... must be blind. And a mouth?...who needs a mouth!??

Her new sand and water table. I've discovered 2 things: 1) Fill both sides with sand. (Forget the water. Water + sand = HUGE MESS!) and 2) At 16 1/2 mos, I think Bella is still a bit too young for this. Most of the sand ended up on the grass. Which isn't a big deal, I suppose. But at the rate she's going, we're going to have enough sand in our backyard to call it a beach pretty soon!

Learning the basics to build sand castles.

And what a difference a year makes! Baby pool pictures last year and this year.
August, 2007 (7 mos old): (Oooh! the baby rolls she had!)
June 21st, 2008 (16 1/2 mos old). Miss Independent. She was sooo busy that she barely had time to sit in her pool. In and out, in and out, roam around the yard bare-butt, dump the sand on the grass....
Water the tomato plants, herbs, and flowers.Water herself.


Another comparison. Same summer hat as last year, bigger size. I loved this hat so much that when I found it again this year on sale (for a buck!!), I had to buy it.
August 2007 (almost 8 mos old).

An anonymous naked baby shot. Well, I guess the hat gives it away.

Day 2: Fun with friends.
What would summers be like without bar-b-q's and pool parties? We had some friends over today for dinner and a swim. Bella enjoyed Adam's company so much. When he came to the door she gave him kisses and hugged him for a good 15 seconds. Here she is admiring the older man (he's about 10 years her senior!) (The shot was totally overexposed by accident, but I couldn't bare to delete it, so I tried fixing it, and this was how it turned out.)
Adam helps Bella go really fast on the caterpillar.
All this playing is making her one tired little girl. Baby trance...

Done being tired....back to playtime...

The boys. Paul, Ed and William.

And finally, dessert. Shortcake, fresh fruit, and whipped cream! Mmmmm! The perfect end to a perfect summer weekend.

In other news, Bella has been keeping her mommy and daddy very busy lately. Up the stairs, down the stairs, run around. All around. Explore. Explore. Explore. She's also making us be very careful about what we say around her. She's learning so many words. Or should I say repeating so many words. Too many, me thinks. Friday night at the dinner table, Ed jokingly said to Bella (after he rambled): "Oh just tell your daddy to go away!". She looked at him and said very clearly and loudly: "GO AWAY!". Ed and I almost cried because we were laughing so hard. How could we not laugh???!! And than she repeated it again and again and again! Yesterday, her new words were turtle and dolphin (her bath water toys). I love hearing her speak. She's so docile and careful as she talks, such a soft little voice. (A soft little voice, at least for now! BUT, only little girls know how to screech. She's only done it once, but boy, did she ever get our attention! She actually scared the crap out of us!) Our task this weekend was to try to teach her the difference between the words 'yes' and 'no'. She always says 'no' but means 'yes'. All in due time. For now, we're basking in these wonderful moments and can't believe how fast our little girl is growing up.
No comments:
Post a Comment