We spent a relaxing Father's Day 2008 at home doing just that, relaxing. And enjoying the lovely weather in between the afternoon showers and thunderstorms. Bella made her papa a homemade Father's Day card with her very own drawings (a.k.a. scribbles) on it. Daddy also got a yummy pancake breakfast, followed by an hour long pedicure/foot massage tonite from Mommy. (Daddy can barely see his feet and they were being seriously neglected...toenails sooo long that they jabbed me each night in bed!) Even if he could see his feet, they're definitely not his priority (do you know any guy that makes their feet a priority??), so it was a nice treat for him. No worries, I only made him bleed twice. ;0 But his feet are
really soft now! And they smell really nice too...very girlie. After Bella's afternoon nap, it was pouring rain outside, so we had a nice picnic snack on our living room floor. She loves sitting on the blanket just so, and everything has to be perfectly placed within her reach.


In other news, Bella got her first boo-boo earlier this week. The first of
many, I know. She came home from daycare with scraped knees and a bandaid. Leticia said she didn't even cry. But I did!! Daddy calls a boo-boo a 'pupa/poopa'. So, now she knows the meaning of pupa, and every time we say the word she looks down at her knees and shows them off, almost proudly.

And finally, I caught this picture of Bella today as I was preparing her lunch. Too funny. I suppose taking the picture probably reinforced the behaviour, but I couldn't pass up the photo, or my laughter. Oops!
No comments:
Post a Comment