Thursday, April 03, 2008

These Boots Are Made For Walkin'...(just not yet...)

Sorry my posts are getting so few and far between. I've been a bad, bad blogger. The reason? My full time job is well, just that, full time. Finished my set of 4 yesterday morning, then I had to recuperate (read: sleep) for part of the day. And of course, there is always something to do around the house. I missed my baby immensely these past few shifts and so I couldn't wait to finally spend some time with little Bella. I took these pictures today just before we went to visit my friend Pascale. She is 23 weeks pregnant and is following in my (and many other nurses') unfortunate footsteps of contracting waaay too early. Thus, she is off work and is on complete bedrest. I feel her pain. I hope she doesn't mind that I'm writing about her...I better get posting more frequently, we must help to try and fend off the boredom by giving her something to read every now and then (the smut rags just aren't going to be enough I'm afraid...)

After a morning of play, song and dance, I thought I would dress Bella in girlie clothes. I replaced her over-worn playtime fleece jogging pants and put her in a dress to go visiting this afternoon. This outfit was from Nancy and Sydney. (Many thanks!)

She wasn't sure how the heck she was supposed to walk in these hard-soled boots! She's so used to her Robeez soft soled shoes/boots that when I put these on her she walked and walked all around the house just for the novelty of it. When she walked it was with the most hilarious wide-stanced, long steps! These boots/shoes will take some practice. I knew it was time to take them off when she fell, stood up, fell again, stood up, and fell again, all within about 20 seconds. I think it will just take her feet some time to get used to them. Hopefully she'll learn fast, the nice(r) weather is on it's way and she'll need some proper shoes to run around the playground in!

Daddy taught her this face.
Or was it this face that daddy taught her???She has learned to multi-task. She now carries something around with her everywhere she goes. Whether it be a toy, a blanket, a piece of clothing, her sippy cup, or in this case, her elephant shoe, there is always something in her hand as she roams the house. Wide-stanced, of course.
Extreme close-up.
Around and around the house she goes!She falls!She rebounds. Checking out her new boots as she wonders if these are the cause of all her troubles...
Action shot! On her way down again!
No worries! She still has her shoe in hand!
Back to calm, cool and collected. Thanks for the adventures Nancy and Sydney!

No comments:

Post a Comment