Hi! (In a high-pitched overly-excited voice.) - This is how we greet Bella as well as our bird in the morning, and likely where she learned it from.
Down - She learned this word after we sang and twirled all weekend to "Ring Around The Rosie". Often followed by many laughs and giggles.
Kucka - Self explanatory. Each time she says it I eagerly run to check her diaper hoping that she has linked the word with the action. Ed thinks I'm crazy for checking this early, she's only 14 mos, but I'm hopeful that one day soon, there will be something to show for it. (Just as a side note, she has learned to touch her diaper and make a face when she says Kucka, too. That's why I run to check her diaper...) Soon. I just know it.
Dang you - Thank you. We'll take this word as a sign that we're being polite enough around each other and with her. Phew!
E-I-E-I-O - You know, from the song Old Macdonald Had A Farm...and she sings it too!
Mama & Dada - her first two words. Old news, I know.
No! - Yep! She learned that one already. And she says it often. Today, she was leaning over her bowl of orange pieces talking gibberish and yelling "NO, NO!" at them. Ed found it quite amusing.
Num-Num - This means food. Anybody's food. No matter who's it is, she's usually asking to taste it when she says this word. She likes to eat like her mum and dad.
Gung - Our favourite 'word'. Though we're not exactly sure what it means yet. She says it at mealtime when she wants more of something in particular, something that she really likes. She points to it with her finger and says: "Gung!". Any ideas anybody? We're thinking that maybe Letecia taught her this word...but Ed doesn't relate it to any word in Spanish that she could be referring to.
Bella and her pyjamas:
Oh, wait, one more thing. I gave Bella her first haircut today. I'm totally regretting it now. Her bangs were always falling in her eyes, barrettes fall out too easily, and Ed's not great with putting elastics in her hair, so I thought I'd make it easy for him. So I cut her bangs. Just her bangs. Then, Ed tells me it's a "nice bowl-cut"!!!!!!!!!! I feel horrible now! Oh well, it will grow back, right?! Don't laugh. There's a reason I'm a nurse and not a hairstylist! I hope one day she forgives me for this.
Doing the deed. Hey, it's not easy cutting the hair of a fidgetty 14 mos old. Perhaps it's worth a trip to the hairdresser next time? (IF there's a next time!)
No comments:
Post a Comment