Sunday, March 18, 2007

Ysabella and Charley...a love story?

We had a wonderful day today. It started out well rested as Ysabella slept for 5 hours in a row last night! We had a yummy brunch of which I was able to finish the entire meal (while it was still hot!) because Ysa slept the entire time. Then it was off the Chris & Lee's house. Lee threw her hubby Chris a lovely little surprise party to celebrate the publication and release of his 2nd book. And Charley and Ysabella finally got to meet!

Curiosity got the best of Charley (and Kismet too!) as he peaked over the carseat to see what all the fuss was about.

Ysabella tried and tried to win Charley's admiration, but not overly impressed by her at first, Charley went about his afternoon. He even went so far as to give her the cold shoulder.

It wasn't until Ysa gave Charley her big blue goo-goo eyes did he start to succumb to her charm...

But then, torn apart by his loyalty, Charley said: "No, no, no! My mother is the only woman for me!"

But it wasn't long before Charley realized that he couldn't stay away from Ysabella forever...

And just when it looked as though he was about to reveal his true feelings for her...He POPPED her in the forehead!!!

It's not that we think Charley is a big meanie...we just think that his love and affection happen to be manifested with aggression and hostility. That's what they teach you in elementary school, isn't it? (But wait a minute, wasn't Chris' first book about boxing???)

Devastated by the Charley's rejection, Ysabella and I went home and cozied up on the couch for a bedtime story with a good...um I mean, GREAT book. Ysabella was completely fascinated.


For those of you who don't already own one, I've included a close-up of the book cover...so go to Chapter's and buy a copy! (I'm not breaking any copyright laws here, am I??) It may be coming soon to a movie theatre near you! (Hey, I gotta do some free advertising for my friend...and no, I don't get a cut of the sales!)


And here's some other photos from the party.
Chris in his most important role. Daddy.

Lee and Bella. Bella really enjoyed seeing so many new faces. She was awake for most of the visit. FYI: Bella wore her first dress ever today. A Winnie The Pooh Dress. Never mind that the tights were 10 sizes too big...that was the smallest size they had!

Check out Ysabella's face as she looks at 'dirty Uncle Phil'. What could he possibly be saying to her? And Phil, nice shiny spot. Must be that damn flash again. We must go shopping. (Or did I just burn all my bridges??) Are you there Phil? Are you reading this? Or are you too busy updating your own blog???

And finally, one of my favourite photos of Ysabella from today. Yep, rash still trying to go away.


Thanks Chris & Lee for a great afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. Well... arranged marriages can be tough at first. hee hee hee. Charley says he's sorry for the smack, but is a little upset because his palm still hurts from that hard forehead. hahaha I guarantee she'll get him back in the future... probably the day they both start walking.
    So great to see you all.

    ReplyDelete