Monday, March 12, 2007

Sick, Sick, Sick

So what I thought was 'baby acne' on her face has since spread to her torso and legs. And she slept for 5 hrs &45 min last night...for a reason. She's fighting an infection. I took Ysa to CHEO (Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario) on the advice of my doctor today and we found out that the 'baby acne' isn't actually acne at all. It's a "non-specific viral infection" that has manifested with a rash (that has worsened these past 3-4 days), projectile vomiting, diarrhea and an eye conjunctivitis. No fever though. Phew. Not yet anyways. And she's still feeding well. She nurses and gives these little cries like 'I don't feel well, mama' at the same time. Breaks my heart. The doctor said all should go away in a few days. Let's hope so. Needless to say, no photos to post today.

No comments:

Post a Comment