Monday, March 26, 2007

Aww...what a pooper!

Lee: I'm not sure what it was about yesterday (perhaps Charley and Ysa are connected in ways we don't know)...but I swear I'm not trying to rival Charley's poop story...(did I just actually think/write that sentence???)

As you all know, I've been on the search for the perfect diaper for Ysabella. You name it; Pampers, Huggies...but to my dismay, none of these have been able to hold the load, so to speak. I'm currently using the Wal-Mart brand "Parent's Choice"...and I thought those were working just fine. Then yesterday happened. You see, the other brands often left Ysabella with poop all up her back. Granted, what happened yesterday couldn't be held in by any brand of diaper. It all started because Ysabella skipped a day of pooping. So, yesterday she was just a tad bit crabby. Now we know why. Ed and I were finishing dinner when Ysa was all of a sudden in a very happy mood. We had been wanting to video her cooing, and so out came the video camera. Then it happened. She started farting. We thought, "aww, isn't that cute" and so continued on with the taping. She was smiling like crazy. Then we smelled it. Ed and I started laughing uncontrollably. Then we heard something else...a sound much like roaring Niagara Falls... She finally decided to let go. Not once, not twice, but 5 times!!!! Of course there was an Ysabella smile in between each 'deposit'. And she was on my lap. So I prepared for the worse. Carefully lifting her while checking both our clothes at the same time, off we went (read: 'ran') to the change table. I couldn't believe it! We were safe. Clean. Those diapers rocked! Or so I thought. Then I opened the front buttons of her sleeper to reveal a mustard yellow (previously green) onesie...and a whole abdomen full of frothy, yes, frothy poop! Well, diarrhea would be more the appropriate word I suppose. I'd never seen anything like it. And there's Ed, still taping away. And taking photos. Poor Ysabella. But she was still smiling, believe it or not. As it should be I guess. Talk about relief. I'll spare you the photos. Trust me. They're way too graphic to post on this blog. Just know that she was put directly into the bathtub. And she slept very, very well that night. Boy, do I hope she poops today!

So, here are some photos from the past few days sans the poop photoshoot.
I finally got a pic of Ysabella smiling...too bad she's sleeping!

She's been loving the car (and the carseat) more and more lately. Thank goodness because she'll be spending 8 hours in it very, very soon when we drive to Windsor for Easter. Oh, and she's smiling in this one too!


Ysabella wearing her Winnie The Pooh dress that she is very quickly growing out of!


Getting ready for Spring. (Rash finally all gone!)

p.s. Do you have a new baby yet, Lee?

1 comment:

  1. New baby arrived around 2:30 this a.m. Going to meet him this aft. Hayden is his name... 7 1/2 lbs. Thanks for all your advice.. I know Melissa appreciates it.

    p.s. Soooo know the pain re: the poop. Sometimes 2 diapers wouldn't have been enough!

    ReplyDelete