Friday, March 16, 2007

Here We Go Again

This whole parenting thing is hard work...and very, very tiring. Did I mention that being a mom and dad is tiring? Bella hasn't slept well these past two nights, waking up every 1-2 hours to nurse. For somebody who used to sleep 12 hours at the drop of a hat, this is getting to be a tad difficult. Needless to say, the sleepness nights are catching up to both Ed and I. People keep telling Ed at work how bad he looks...and a friend of mine came to visit today and when I greeted her at the door she said nothing. I must have looked fantastic. So, I'm figuring this is happening because she's going through her 6 week growth spurt that I keep hearing about. At least I'm praying this is the reason...and that her regular sleep habits will return tonight. Please, please,please. For her 6 week 'birthday' present this past Wednesday, we purchased Ysabella a used swing. Or should I say we purchased it for my sanity. It was getting a bit (dare I use the word again...) tiresome having her in my arms 24/7. Happy to report that she loves it...and when in it I get a little respite and we both smile (but of course, not for the camera.)

1 comment:

  1. 6 weeks is the hardest part! Peak of baby crabbiness and mama tiredness. Just get through the next week or so, it'll get better. She looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete