This past week has been full of firsts for the kids. And what I've realized is that I am an overly-emotional mother. Every single one of these firsts made me want to bawl my eyes out.
Last week, I registered Ysabella for school. Ideally, we'd like to send her to a school that offers early french immersion, but since they don't start early french immersion until SK anyways, she will attend the school located right behind our house for JK. This school will be one of the pilot schools offering full day JK starting in September. It is a rather small school, and while registering her, I also had the opportunity to meet the principal and her future kindergarten teacher. (I think I was just as excited as she was!) How nostalgic it was for me to walk around an elementary school! Oh! the desks, cubbies, and water fountains! They all seem so very, very small to me now!
Bella, exploring her future kindergarten room.
In addition to registering her for school, Bella had her first ballet class this past Saturday. Well, the class is actually called 'Creative Movement', and is a pre-ballet class. She was super-excited to dress up like a ballerina and she couldn't wait to pose for me while demonstrating some ballerina moves (learned by watching the movie 'Barbie & The Nutcracker'!). Be prepared. She's all girl in these photos!!
On her first day, she expected to perform these sorts of moves:
Unfortunately for Bella, these were the sorts of moves they did instead. A whole lot of toe pointing, hopping, knee bending, and walking. She felt very frustrated, however, she agreed to return next week.
Patience, dear child, patience.
This past Sunday, Alejandro tried some dee-lish brown rice cereal for the first time. Nothing exciting to report. He didn't love it, but he didn't hate it, either.
Bella wanted to feed her brother today. I loved watching her. She's gentle, careful, and so sweet with him.
And for your viewing pleasure, allow me to share with you a short video of Bella doing some 'creative movement' with a scarf. (After the scarf was folded, of course.) That's my girl!! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment