Wednesday, August 11, 2010

An update.

I know, I know...I go all crazy and post 7 times in July and then there's nothing for 2 weeks. Nada. Zilch. What can I say, other than I've been busy nesting which has left me completely exhausted, not to mention the fact that I'm growing a human being inside of me AND our daycare provider was on vacation, so I was (gulp!) a full-time mom for 2 weeks. It's all very tiring, after all. And throw in a car-trip to Windsor and there you have it, there's all my excuses for not posting in the last 2 weeks.

So what's new? I'm still pregnant. 33+5 weeks....almost there! This baby last weighed in at 4lbs 5oz as of last week. It thinks it can exit through my ribs. I'm not sure my uterus can grow any higher. Each evening my ribs feel like they're being stretched and pushed beyond their capacity. It's a discomfort that I've never felt before, not even while pregnant with Ysabella. Sleeping is becoming more and more difficult because of this discomfort, and the fact that I'm up going to the bathroom nearly every 30 minutes. Yah, seriously. (The baby's head, which by the way, is in the 87th percentile for size! is sitting and putting pressure on my bladder 24/7, while the rest of it's 44th percentile body is busy kicking, rolling, hiccuping and just generally keeping me well aware of it's presence.) And let me tell you, there is nothing more unsatisfying than waking up yet again, for the 20th time that night, feeling like you have a full bladder, only to find out there's barely a trickle. So frustrating. However, through all this discomfort, each and every night I'm basking in the loveliness of my big round tummy and of feeling this little baby move around inside of me. I know I'll miss it immensely when he/she is born.

What's new in Ysabella land? Well, she's doing okay. Remember I said she was sleeping well in her big girl bed and still taking her naps? Well, that was all very short lived. She has now decided that naps are no longer a necessity (but they are for me!) and bedtime is a battle that I (we) dread each and every night. We're pretty consistent with her bedtime routine, and I'm still not sure what we're doing wrong, but we'll figure it out. Hopefully. Eventually. WE HAVE GOT TO! We're already sleep deprived and this new baby isn't even here yet!

Ysabella has taken to swimming very confidently (albeit, with a life jacket) in our swimming pool this summer. She motors around by herself, jumps in the water, and does the back stroke quite well. All this to say, fall swimming lessons are on the agenda, so that she can become just as confident without a life jacket!

Here's a few pics from our journey to Windsor over the Civic Long Weekend.

Running to pick pears off of Uncle Randy & Auntie Cathy's pear tree! (Such a lovely, lovely huge backyard, just perfect for a little girl to run around. Bella 'investigated' the bird bath and trails and had lots of fun looking for the cat!)

Pear Harvest.

At Gramma's trailer, on some little girl's tricycle.

With family in Windsor... (I know Uncle Fred took more pics at the party, so please, send some my way!!)



Bella's new 'Gatineau' Chair, courtesy of Uncle Randy & Auntie Cathy! (She loves it, BTW!)

That's all for now! I'm off to take a TUMS. More pics to follow in the upcoming days...

No comments:

Post a Comment