Rather than going downtown to brave the crowds around Parliament Hill for Canada Day Festivities, we decided to take Ysabella to see her first movie. We went to see Toy Story 3...in 3-D no less! It took quite a bit of convincing for her to leave her 3-D glasses on, and the popcorn turned out to be a very useful distraction to the glasses. Yep, she ate the whole kiddie tub of popcorn! (Who doesn't love movie-theatre popcorn??)
After the movie, it was time for a nap (she would need her rest!) because later that night, we took her to see her first fireworks show! Again, rather than braving the downtown Parliament Hill crowds, we instead opted to stay more local and go to the very popular Greely Community Fireworks with a group of our neighbours, just a short drive south of where we live. Crowds were much more manageable, there was no shoulder bumping, no drunks and no 2 hour traffic jams! It was a beautiful night and Ysabella couldn't have had more fun. (I was way more enthralled with her reaction to the fireworks than to the actual fireworks itself. It's precious memories like these that I never want to forget.)
Bella, full of Canada Day Spirit. She held on to this flag almost the whole day!
One of Bella's "best friends", Mel. (She looks up to the big girls so much!)
Despite the look of fear on her face, it only took a few seconds for her to not be afraid of the sparkler. (She was so sad when it burned out.)
She's actually looking at an airplane in the sky here...the fireworks hadn't even started yet and check out that reaction! Ooooh, I think she's going to enjoy the fireworks!!!
I think this expression says it all (and yep there I am using a camera with a flash! But I only took a few photos!)

"OOh! Wow! That was beautiful!"
ATT: Crazy Bella laugh alert at the 30 & 45 sec mark! (And sorry about you having to turn your neck to watch the first few seconds...)
I hope everyone is keeping cool and enjoying their summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment