Monday, June 22, 2009

Family Love.

warning: heavy on the text and photos. Sit down and grab something to drink!

Saturday was spent at the home of Ed's sister Maria and her husband Dan, out in Metchosin. Here, the whole family came to celebrate both Father's Day and Ed's mom's 80th birthday, which was this past week. The most amazing, gigantic feast was made by Maria & Dan. We're talking corn on the cob, clams in white wine sauce (so good, I had not one, not two, but three helpings!), the best barbecued steak ever, roasted potatoes, greek salad, fresh bread, lasagna (which everybody was too full to even touch), and lots and lots of homemade wine. Oh, and my personal favourite dessert; warm, fresh out of the oven apple crumble (which Maria says she made just for me!) with french vanilla ice cream. It was to die for! I swear I thought they were going to have to pick me up and roll me home. (Side note: We've eaten so much on this vacation already that I'm sure I've gained at least 5 lbs! So much yummy spanish food all the time, courtesy of Tita, that I can't resist. I'm taking every opportunity to eat it while I can.)

Ysabella had the most amazing day ever. How could she not? Her cousin Savannah has been planning for weeks (maybe even months?) for her visit. Her toys were lined up and waiting for Ysabella to play with. And these were cool toys. I was even tempted to stay in the play room and pretend I was 8 again!

Princess Heaven! Bella finds Savannah's Barbie Princess Collection. (This cute dress was given to her by Tita. She kept it on for a whole 30 minutes before we were forced to take it off of her so that she could go and play outside. Thank you Tita!)
Playing in the toyroom and warming up to Savannah. (It's been over a year since we've been here, so Bella was a bit shy at first.)
Warm-up time over! Having a ball playing outside with her cousin in the vast, open land.
Savannah and Bella pick fresh carrots and peas from Savannah's very own greenhouse!

Savannah is such an attentive and good momma! Bella played for hours with her.

Then it was fun time for the grown-ups. Dan made a zipline in their backyard, and let me say that it was so much fun, and even more fun once you've had a few glasses of wine!

Ed on his way up. (That's Dan towing the line to the top of the trees.)
...at the top...

...and on his way down.


Now it's my turn!



And Banana's turn...

And finally, brave Tia Vicky's turn. (I think she had fun, what do you think?)
Cousin love! The age difference between the oldest and youngest is almost 22 years. Colton, sitting on the left side of the couch, Nick (in the back), Savannah, Bella, and big cousin Alan (poor guy, with the broken leg from a soccer injury. We're glad he was able to come out!).

All the fathers and Tita pose for a photo. (Ed's parents are in the front, bro-in-law Dan in the back, and Ed's brother Sal is on the far right).


And there's only one person left whose photo I'm missing. Hmmm. Whose photo is it? Oh right, it's Maria's!! I wonder which photo I will choose?!? Afterall, there are quite a few to choose from.... There's so many good ones....Hmmm....Well, since she cooked me such a wonderful meal, I'll put only two up. (I wouldn't want you to feel left out!) ;)

Thank you Maria and Dan for such a fun-filled day!

Vicky and Maria enjoy a glass of wine and have a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment