Sunday, March 16, 2008

Highchair Shenanigans

I think it's a done deal....I'm officially calling Ysabella a walker now! While at a friend's house for dinner today, Bella decided she'd much rather walk than crawl everywhere. We were amazed at her confidence and ability. She literally went from crawling everywhere to deciding that she wanted to walk everywhere in about 5 minutes. She still crawls often though, and when she walks she prefers barefeet on carpet, but we'll see how it goes in the next few days.

Ed and I almost had a date last night. Almost. We've been planning to go out, just the two of us, for a nice dinner and some drinks for the last few weeks. Last Saturday we made dinner reservations and booked a sitter, only to have our plans ruined by about 52 cm of snow! So, our date got rescheduled to last night. There we were all showered and ready to go, Ysabella asleep soundly in her bed, dinner reservations were made. One problem. Our babysitter stood us up! Boooo! Just our luck. So we ordered in instead. Did I mention it sucks not having family around? I'm sure Auntie Amy or Tia Maria, or even Gramma would've helped us out in a situation like this. Any of you wanna move to Ottawa? ;) (turns out our sitter showed up tonite at 730 instead of last night, mix up in the days...)

Today's series of pics are from the past few days. Somehow they were all taken while Bella was in her highchair.

"A pea. Ladies and gentlemen, I have a pea."
"...pretend you don't see me eating the pea."
"Abracadabra! I've made the pea disappear! Magic!"
Ysabella looking devilish, as though she's about to fling her spoon of food across the room.
No way is she wasting food! She'll eat her spoonful of food first, than gag herself with the spoon. All in a day's learning, I suppose.
A highchair visit from Frankie the Beggar.
Our scrawny little bird, still alive and kicking. Thank goodness. I'd really miss the little thing if something happened to her. She's been loving Bella lately, often flying to her and coming out of her cage when Bella cries. I think they have a special connection. Of course, I could just be one of those really wacky bird lover ladies...
Enjoying some of her papa's super-duper healthy vitamin packed pre-soccer morning fruit smoothie.
Mmmm. Good to the last drop!

1 comment:

  1. You poor thing! You must have been soooo disappointed. Perhaps I can send my wee nanny Hannah over to you some night? Your daughter is a hoot!

    ReplyDelete