Ysabella's 1st birthday party on Saturday went off without a hitch, despite the more than 20cm of snow that fell on Ottawa the day before. (Very glad it fell on Friday and not Saturday!) We're so happy and very thankful that everybody was able to join us to help celebrate our little Bella turning one. She woke up in the morning with a bit of a cold and didn't nap well during the day, so we thought she was going to have a rough afternoon. She proved us wrong though, as she was in an awesome mood and really enjoyed having all the company in her house. She was completely enthralled with the kids and adults alike.
And now, pictures from Ysabella's first birthday party!
Ysabella in her birthday outfit, post-cry because she didn't want to wear the party hat. She couldn't however, resist the temptation to play with it. Caution! That's a snappy elastic!
Look out Charley! ;) There's a younger man on the scene, 5 month old Kian.
"Wow, those are great shoes Kian! Can I touch them too?"
"Hey Big Fella! If I show you mine, will you show me yours?"... "Hey, you! I'm over here!"
My first attempt at a birthday cake. Note to self for next year. Even though it says on the box that there's no need to grease and flour the bottom of the cake pan, do it anyways! The first cake got tossed in the garbage because it broke into a million pieces as I tried to remove it from the pan...and off I went off in the middle of the snowstorm to pick up another cake mix...and stayed up to almost midnight (very late for me...) to finish baking and decorating. Not bad for a first (or should I say two!) attempts.
The singing begins. And all eyes are on Ysa. We held our breath and wondered if she'd start balling!
Nope! Phew! Sydney to the rescue! Sydney was just off to the side making Ysabella laugh, laugh, laugh. And the paparazzi photos began. Flashes going off from everywhichway and a video camera taping to boot.
Ysabella claps after everybody is finished singing and she (ok, I) blows out her candle.
"Okay, so what exactly am I supposed to do with this??"
"Oooh. I get it now. MMmmm"
"Yeeha! This is the best thing ever!"
"What? Is there something on my face?"
Charley says "hello everyone!"
"Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, tissue paper!"
"Oh my! I love it!"
"Yay! Tissue paper is really, really fun!"
Charley's tumour ridden kitten balloon.
"Did I mention that I LOVE tissue paper?"
One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish. "I've been waiting my whole life for a book like this!"
"I hope you're not mad at me because I was flirting with Kian. It was just harmless flirting. You're still my main squeeze, honest!"
"He still looks a bit peeved, but maybe if I get really close to him, you know, play next to him yet not with him, maybe I can soften him up and break through that wall?!" (Doesn't Charley look just crushed?)
Ysabella says a very big thank you sooo much to everybody for coming to her party and for all the beautiful gifts. She loves them all and hopes that you had a great time at her party! She feels very lucky to have such wonderful friends and family around her. After her very busy day, she was pooped out and fell fast asleep at 6pm for the entire night!
No comments:
Post a Comment