Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween 2007

Not since I was 14 years old when I went out trick-or-treating as a Canada Post mailbox (remember that, Anjee???), have I had as much fun at Halloween as I've had today. Now that we have Ysabella, Halloweens for the forseeable future will be full of fun, candy, ghosts and goblins...and if Chris and Phil have anything to say about it, lots and lots of screams of terror! While she was way too young to fully experience it this year, off we went to Chris & Lee's house. Their house has quite the reputation in their neighbourhood as the place that kids go to get the crap scared out of them! We dropped by around 5pm and it was still daylight, so we were unable to see Chris & Phil in action. However, Ysabella and Charley put on quite a show for us. Charley picked out his own costume, a Panda Bear, not to mention borrowing his dad's very scary monster mask. Ysa, on the other hand, had no say at all in the choice of her costume, and was a very pretty flower (thanks to Christy & Gaby!). She was such a good girl, she didn't even mind keeping her petal hat on! In retrospect, though, I would have gotten Ysabella dressed up in her costume and went out much earlier in the day. She tried hard, but she was pooped out by 600pm. Note to self for next year. Ysa, checking herself out in the mirror that I placed in front of her. Panda Bear Charley. Look at that face! I had to post this, Lee! We bought a baby pumpkin the other day with every intention to carve it, but we didn't actually get around to it.(And I didn't think it mattered, since Ysabella wouldn't know the difference...) But when Ysabella was down for her afternoon nap today, I got this craving for pumpkin seeds...and so off I went to carve the pumpkin. In record time, about 10 minutes from start to finish. The end result wasn't too bad...not very original, but not bad. There's nothing like the smell of a burning candle inside a pumpkin. Love that! And the pumpkin seeds were yummy, too! Again, we were disappointed in the number of children that came to our house trick-or-treating...I think we had only about 6 kids! Now we're left with all this candy again, and Ed already weighs sooo much!!!! What will we do with it all????

A video from Halloween 2007!

No comments:

Post a Comment