Saturday, October 13, 2007

Bye-bye

The weather has been cold and wet these past few days. ..what a change from last week when it was in the mid 20's! And there was this crazy hail storm over our area of Ottawa today. While it lasted for only about 2 minutes, it was long enough to make me realize that the nasty white stuff will soon be on it's way! Yuck! However, it was followed by one of the most beautiful rainbows that I've seen in years, so all was okay, afterall. (Unfortunately, it was one of the few times I didn't have my camera, so I missed out on being able to document it...) I've had to go through Ysabella's closet yet again...she's so tall and her arms and legs are so long that I've had to go up to 12 month/20lb clothes now! Not to mention having to put away all the summer clothes :( to make room for the fall/winter ones. Thank goodness for hand-me-downs! She's lucky if she wore some of her clothes once!

We're sad to say that Gramma made her way back down the 401 today. Ysabella has really enjoyed having her here, waking up every morning to somebody other than just her mommy and daddy. And she cheered gramma up as only grandchildren can. Since gramma has been here she's become very adept at playing patty-cake and at waving bye-bye (or hello, as the case may be). Waving to everybody...from gramma, to Frankie the bird, to strangers, to herself in the mirror, to even Oprah on the television set!

Playing patty-cake while gramma sings (eek!). Waving hello.
Not making too much progress on the crawling just yet. Although, at least she puts her arms down on the ground now! I suppose that is progress. And she does try her hardest to lift her bum off the ground. She really does. She just ends up going in circles. And she just gets so easily frustrated. Geez, I wonder where she gets that from??? Here she is during one of her belly time sessions...I'm trying to coax her to make her way towards her baby whinnie the pooh. She's tempted, let me tell you.

She says: "Being on my back, now that's more like it!". Here she is with her new toy, Crawling Baby Minnie Mouse. Maybe she'll learn by imitation?

No comments:

Post a Comment