Sunday, September 30, 2012

I'm Back!

After a very long hiatus for personal reasons, I have finally decided to return to Blogger. I thought of stopping this blog and starting a new one, to get a fresh start so to speak, but in the end I decided to stay with this one. I like the continuity it provides. In a sense, it's just one really long story. (Albeit, with a great big sad hole in the middle of it, from November 10th, 2011 until today.) Blogger has changed and updated quite a bit since I last posted and I'm not sure I'll remember how to post. (However, I have about 3 hours to figure it out while my 88,000 photos and videos (!!!!) get saved to a second hard drive and while Alex naps on this rainy Sunday afternoon.)

To sum up/update the last 10 months with regards to the kids. Bella is back in school. She loved JK and is now in SK. She is intelligent. She loves to learn all sorts of random facts (and she remembers all of them). She has no problem coming home and teaching us all about what she's learned at school that day. She is funny and has quite a sense of humour (thanks to her daddy) along with a little bit of attitude (thanks to her mommy). Attitude, I might add, that will one day serve her well. (I hope.) She is perceptive and intense and she is a wonderful, kind, calm and generous big sister to her little brother, Alex. She loves to draw and read and write stories of her own. She likes to play with Barbies but she also doesn't hesitate for one moment to get down and dirty to play in the dirt or to play Star Wars with the boys at school. She comes home with sand in her shoes and grass stains on her pants every single day. And she loves to eat. All the time. Healthy food, junk food and everything in between. Except meat, she's definitely not a meat-lover. But she loves fish and seafood. (Ed says it's the Spanish in her.) This girl will never grow up to be anorexic, I'm sure. :-) Oh, and she lost two teeth this past summer, one of which she swallowed (we think) because we have no idea where it went.

Alex turned 2 years old on September 2nd. He is a sweet, loving boy who is happy to hug and kiss anybody that will let him. He loves to snuggle and he is SO happy to see you return whenever you (or him) have been away for the day. Since my last post he has learned to walk and run (often, very clumsily), and he LOVES to climb anything and everything. (I am dreading the day when he figures out how to climb out of his crib.) Learning to talk is taking a bit longer than it did for his sister, but he knows what he wants and we can usually understand him. He likes to laugh and be tickled, he likes to jump in puddles and he loves to mimick whatever his big sister is doing. He loves being outdoors, and he loves being at the park. He's mastered the iPhone and he already has his favourite games. He is very perceptive and likes the technical aspects of things; remote controls, how things open and close, not to mention all things mechanical, especially cars, tires and bikes, screwdrivers and wrenches. Unlike Bella, he doesn't love food so much. But he's getting better... He's tall and thin and he eats a balanced diet, but he definitely has a sweet tooth like his papa.

And as for Ed and I: Well, we're busy as usual. Does life ever slow down? Two young kids and 2 full-time jobs sans famille ici... n'est pas facile. So, I have accepted a part-time position starting the 2nd week of October. I am hoping a part-time position will provide a better home/life/work balance. We have contemplated buying a newer, bigger home, but again, we have decided to hold off. Instead, we are thinking of renovating the backyard to make it a more functional, newer, nicer place to be in the summer. A new pool deck and a backyard deck with a seating area, and perhaps a heater for the pool so that we can extend the swimming season by a month or so. All ideas that we are pondering...

No big photo spreads today, just a couple of photos. And if you're on Facebook or Instagram, you've likely already seen them.  :(


But keep an eye out, more posts will come....slowly but surely. Happy to be back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment