Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter 2011

It was such a beautiful, warm and sunny day here in Ottawa. A perfect Easter Sunday. And it's about time! I was beginning to feel like Spring wasn't going to happen this year.

Bella awoke to a small surprise from the Easter Bunny and this made her a very happy little girl.


Alejandro borrowed his big sister's bunny ears. And in case you're wondering, NO! these weren't pink bunny ears!! (Okay, yes they were. And that's why the photo was converted to black and white. Oh, and pretend you don't see the flowers, either.) And yes, I am certain he will hate me when he's older for taking this photo of him. (I couldn't resist!)
I took this shot today while Bella was taking self portraits of herself. Clearly she's been hanging out with her Auntie Amy a little too much lately. And while this photo really has nothing to do with Easter, I thought it would help to cheer up both Auntie Amy & Jacob. xo

After an amazing brunch, it was time for what is starting to become the Annual Easter Egg Hunt for the children. Did I mention it was a stellar day to be outside?

All the children posed for me with their Easter baskets in hand. Such eager little faces!
Ready?...On your mark, get set, GO! Let the Easter egg hunt begin!






And, so as to not feel left out, Alex was given an Easter egg to play with too. (He seems pretty excited, wouldn't you agree?)

While searching for Easter eggs, the kids came across an egg of another sort... a broken robin's egg.

We didn't keep track of which child collected the most Easter eggs, however, they did manage to find all (140!!!) of them.

A wonderful Easter, made even better because Gramma Pat was able to be here with us!
Stay tuned for the next post: Easter Egg Decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment