Sunday, November 28, 2010

The weekend

Me: Can you tell me who is in this picture, Bella?
Bella: (from left to right) It's my daddy, me, and my little brother, Alejandro.
Me (slightly offended): But where's mommy?
Bella (matter-of-factly and with some attitude): Mommy's at work.

Despite the fact that I'm now home 7 days/week, something tells me she's still slightly perturbed about the long hours that I put in at work these past 3 1/2 years.

p.s. Today, I asked Bella what those black marks are below Alejandro's eyes. She said they were tears. In her words: "He was sad, hungry (because he had no milk to drink), and crying because you went to work". She also pointed out: "That's me tickling him, I'm trying to make him laugh". She then said: "Oops! I forgot to draw Alejandro's arms! Oh well, I can just add them later".

Forget about Bella being perturbed that I work, I think she may be downright traumatized!! ;-(


What a busy past week we've had. Crazy busy, but fun. This past Friday was my work's annual Christmas party. It was the first time I left Alejandro alone for the evening with somebody other than Ed, so I was a bit nervous. All was fine in the end, and we had a wonderful night out enjoying the company of many good friends.
(This pic of Ed & I is courtesy of the self-timer and a tripod.)


On Saturday, we attended the Baptism of Mae Ella. And OMG, wasn't she just THE CUTEST baby girl ever!? She looked like a doll, literally. Check this out:
Her Christening gown & bonnet were hand-made by her Gramma Linda & Aunt Marg (they both ooze talent!). It was made from Gramma Linda's wedding gown & and a swatch of the McCormick family kilt that Miranda wore when she wed Andrew.

I'd say that's one proud papa, wouldn't you?

Bella & Alex got all dressed up for the occasion, too.

(These outfits were a group effort: Many thanks to Sonia, Auntie Bernice & Pascale!)


A 3 year-old girl, a beer and a piano, ...and a thumbs up?! What's wrong with this picture?


Mae Ella's 'deer-in-the-headlights' look tells me 2 things: 1) She's her mother's daughter (hardy har har!), and 2) She's definitely not used to the paparazzi-like flashbulbs going off in her face like Alejandro & Bella are. No worries. Give me some time, I'll fix that.


(Oh, and I'm so glad lightening didn't strike me dead as I walked into the church...)

No comments:

Post a Comment