And so it begins, the comparisons of little Alejandro to his big sis Bella. How can I not? I have to say, it's so bizarre having a second child. That second child is a whole new being, a sort of stranger at first, so you can't help but try to draw some comparisons from what you are already familiar with. Even before I became pregnant with Alejandro, I often wondered how different our second child would be from Bella, or alternatively, what similarities they would share. Immediately after he was born, I couldn't believe how different the two of them looked, but after only a short while, I began to see some resemblances. And, after a day or two, I had numerous deja-vu's and felt as though I was re-living my experience with Ysabella because I found
so many similarities. I know little man is his own little person, so I'll try to keep the comparisons to a minimum, but it's been fun, nonetheless (and I'm sure this won't be the end of it).
 |
| Alejandro at birth (& all that hair! So THAT explains my endless heartburn!) |
 |
| Bella, a few minutes old, 2007. | |
 |
| Alejandro, on his birthday. |
 |
| Bella, on her birthday. |
 |
| Alejandro, after a tough day. |
 |
| ...and Bella. |
 |
| Bella helping bathe Alejandro for the first time. |
 |
| Bella having a bath, February 2007 |
|
 |
| A flashback to Bella's GIANT hand! |
 |
Alejandro with the same long fingers.
|
And, after all these comparisons, this is our little man's response:
(I seem to remember having a photo of Bella like this somewhere, you know, for comparisons sake...but unfortunately I couldn't track it down...)
And in case you're wondering Bella is doing just fine. She's adjusting well and is still loving her little brother. She kisses him numerous times a day and always helps me change his dirty diapers. Except this morning when he accidentally pulled her ponytail. The look on her face was priceless! She said: "Mom, Alex pulled my hair and he didn't even say sorry!!" We couldn't help but laugh...a lot! Poor Bella, she was so shocked.
Here's a pic of Bella using chopsticks for only the second time, and even though one is pointed the wrong way, she was way more successful with them than I am on somedays.
Oh my! They look SO much alike right now. Of course, that can all change in a few months, but I sure see it. He's just a gorgeous as his sister. And thanks for posting that 'giant hand' picture again... laughed all over again.
ReplyDeletexo
Lee, you know that Giant hand picture was all for you, right?! Glad it made you laugh all over again... :)
ReplyDelete