Happy 3rd Birthday Ysabella!
Oh my, how time flies! She's no longer a baby, but I haven't thought of another suitable title for the blog, so I'm leaving 'Beanibaby' as is. Besides, she'll always be our baby!
However, I have finally gotten around to removing the Christmas theme as well as making some minor changes to the blog. I thought I'd grow up a bit in the great big world of blogging, and I've finally taken the time to learn how to add a banner (and what a big banner it is!). Now I feel like an all-out professional blogger, even though it only took about 5 seconds. Wait a minute...is it even a banner? Or is it simply a photo behind a header? Who knows.
While searching for a photo for the banner, I realized that it has been almost 2 1/2 years since we've taken a family photo together. And the one that you see was a self-portrait that was taken by myself one lovely summer day when Bella was just 5 mos old. (It feels like yesterday.) All this to say, I think I'm going to do some research to get some professional pics taken of us soon. Before Bella turns 16.
Since Ysabella's birthday happens to fall in the dead of winter and our small house doesn't hold more than about 5 people comfortably, I thought this year we'd try something different and have her birthday party at Cosmic Adventures, an indoor play structure here in Ottawa for kids of all ages. It's especially great for children to get exercise and tire themselves out when it's -25C outside and it's compeletely unreasonable to take your child out for more than 15 seconds for fear their nose will fall off. The kids are able to play in a fun & safe environment and parents can feel (relatively) safe that nothing bad will happen to them. So what if a hamburger meal costs $11?! You eat at home. (Well, I suppose a free city-run indoor playgroup is just as fun, but adults can't play on those playstructures...)
We're so happy that Ysabella's friends were able to join us this morning for some good times. (BTW, when I booked the party, I didn't realize that I booked it at the exact time that Ed is supposed to play in his favourite weekly soccer league. DOH! Being the superstar dad that he is, he chose to miss another week's soccer to attend Bella's party. Aww. Bella thanks you and she is glad you were there with her!) We had such a fun filled day that Ysabella crashed not once but twice today, despite all the sugar. For anybody who's never been to Cosmic Adventures, I highly recommend it. Children + 2 hours of running/climbing/sliding/jumping time = some pretty solid sleeptime. (But not before leaving and crying some very, very heavy tears.)
Now, some 3 year old birthday joy!
Birthday morning, birthday outfit. (A pretty little outfit, yet still allows for some serious play...)
The Birthday Girl (The sticker says so!)
Balls of joy. (Hardy-har-har!)
or not...
Monkeying around.
Birthday Hat.
And some face painting.
Blowing out the birthday candles (or rather, spitting lovingly on the cake).
Birthday Guests: minus the 2 Sams...
(Phoenix, Mel, Jake, Sidney, Charley, Bella & Gabby)
(p.s. I think Charley is in love!)Best Family Photo Ever...

Thank you to everyone who joined us for the festivities. We are very grateful that you could be there to help us celebrate. I'm certain that Ysabella will remember this day for a long, long time to come.
And here's to hoping you didn't bring home anything other than wonderful memories!
(ie; Norwalk, H1N1...)

No comments:
Post a Comment