The fun activities started last week. A trip to the pumpkin patch, Halloween house decorating and of course, playing and jumping in the autumn leaves. (Not to mention all the fun things Bella got to do at school!)
Our annual trip to the pumpkin patch was last week. Bella and Samuel had their faces painted. Bella was a pumpkin and Samuel had some spiders drawn on his cheeks. I wish I could say they were scary, but unfortunately, they were oh-so-cute!
Did I mention that it wasn't really a pumpkin patch? It looked to us to be a very large field with some pumpkins thrown around in the mud. Oh, and they were outrageously priced, too. Highway robbery I say! (But the kids had a LOT of fun, and that's what it's all about, right?)
Alex was amazed by the pumpkins. And no, we didn't give him a knife to assist with the carving. (We thought we'd wait at least another year for that.)
The baby, giving the baby pumpkin some love.
Bella is fascinated by the super shiny & dangerous knife. So serious.
Oooey-Gooey Gutts! Don't let the grossed-out face fool you, she loved every single minute of it!
Having just as much fun drawing on the baby pumpkin.
This year, Ysabella chose Tinkerbell!
She admits to not being the 'real' Tinkerbell because despite those wings, she can't fly. Apparently, only the real Tinkerbell can fly. (Glad she cleared that up for everyone.)
The best shot I could get of the family. And trust me, I worked hard for it.
My little monkey, still not feeling 100%. (Cold & ear infection x 3 weeks.) He went to bed very shortly after this picture was taken.
The final products for this year.
Father & daughter. So very sweet.
This year I found it interesting to watch Bella have conversations with most of the jack-o-lanterns she passed by on the way up to people's doors. ("Oh, you have nice eyes... eyebrows...nose... smile...", etc.)
Some other things I overheard that I don't ever want to forget:
Bella: "Mom, we can skip this house, that witch is waaaay too scary for me."
Bella: "Mom, stay right there!" (while pointing and referring to the bottom of most driveways.) Meaning, she is now old enough that she can go up to the door and say Trick-Or-Treat all by herself. Because she's 4 1/2 now and NOT 3 1/2. (I obeyed.)
Bella (talking out loud to a very scary skeleton on one of our neighbour's front porches): "I know you're not real, I know you're not real, I know you're not real".
Me: Bella, we can't go up to that house again, we already stopped at that house. We can't double-dip you know!
Bella (about 30 minutes later), to the man who offered her a choice of a boxed apple juice or orange juice, or a coloured can of pop: "Um, I think I'll have the orange juice please because I have a cold and my ear hurts, I have an ear infection you know! Yep, I'm double-dipping. I have a cold and an ear infection!"
Bella (to a man that answered the door. He had a skeleton on the porch): "What's a skeleton's favourite meal?
Man: I don't know, what?
Bella: Ribs! :-)
After about an hour, we returned home. And happily, it wasn't because we were frozen solid, but rather, because Ysabella informed me that she was 'finished trick-or-treating' and that she 'had enough candy'. You think? There's got to be enough candy here to last all of us the next year.
Sorting out her loot. And trust me when I say she was concentrating SO hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment