Late this afternoon I was washing a few dishes and Ed was busy elsewhere in the house. Ysabella was roaming, playing, talking. After about 5 minutes, I realized I drifted off and that I had been daydreaming, looking out into the backyard while washing the dishes. Then I quickly noticed that there was absolute silence in the house. Every mother knows that silence in the house when children are home (and not napping) can mean nothing but trouble. I snuck up on Ysabella and came across this scene:


Ysabella was in her room with the door closed and she had pulled
every item of clothing out of her dresser. (How I have managed to avoid this type of fiasco until now I'll never know...) She kept saying: "It's okay mommy!" How could I be upset at that??
Besides,
it gave me an opportunity to sort and move out the clothes that she has outgrown, something that I was going to have to do anyways but something that I wasn't looking forward to...
And here's a few photos from last weekend. I was working most of it, but I was off on Labour Day so we visited some friends and went for nice long walk along the Rideau Canal, something we don't do enough of, if you ask me.

Here's some of the silliness that we live with on a daily basis...I love it.



The leaves are starting to turn colour already. Seeing this tree that had one branch with red leaves made me very, very sad.
No comments:
Post a Comment