Saturday, September 20, 2008

What Animals!

For everybody who has been waiting to see what we've been up to with Tito & Tita, here's an update. What a busy few days we've had! Ed and I have become tourists in our own city, and we've loved it. After our Ottawa River boat tour on Friday (child-free because Ysabella went to daycare), we were off to Montebello, Quebec yesterday for a visit with the animals at Parc Omega, a scenic one hour drive from Ottawa. Let's just say that after our visit with the animals, I have to go and get our car washed the first chance I get!

Parc Omega is a drive through animal haven, kind of like African Lion Safari in southern Ontario, but it's a wee bit smaller. The animals are friendlier here though, with no animals jumping on/denting the roof of our car or hanging off the antenna!

There are a so many pictures to choose from, so I'll try to choose the best ones of the past few days, but it's going to be hard and this is probably going to end up being a really long blog post. So sit down, grab a cup coffee or tea (or glass of wine if you're over 19), and enjoy.

Friday:
Our visit to downtown Ottawa and the Byward Market before the Ottawa River Boat Tour.

The Locks. I always find these fascinating for some reason. After the boat tour we watched a tiny little boat make it's way up the locks. To this day, they still use good ol' fashioned arm muscle to open and close the locks.

A Rama family shot.

A view of Parliament Hill from the Ottawa River.

The family enjoying the boat tour. Tito & Tita were able to listen to the tour in Spanish, courtesy of these fancy high-tech headphones!

The P.M's House/backyard at 24 Sussex Drive. Not a bad view, I'd say!

A view from the river of Rockcliffe Park Pavillion, the place that Ed and I were married almost 3 years ago. Such wonderful memories. Awwwww.

Speaking of which, a rare shot of us together, from the boat, with Parliament Hill in the background.

Tito having his very first taste of the traditional Canadian treat, a Beaver Tail!

Ysabella, looking a little peeved that we didn't take her with us for the boat tour?! No, she's just giving her mama some serious attitude, something she's been getting really good at lately!
Saturday morning.
Showing Tita her fine artistic talent.

Welcome to Parc Omega! These are the "Greeters". Kinda reminded me of the Wal-Mart Greeters. "Hello, welcome, I'm cute, but I slobber. Would you like to feed me? Carrots? Anyone?"

Bella and Tito enjoying the view.

Saying hello to their little friends.

The Wapiti...the largest of the deer. Mating season has started and apparently the males (like this giant one) are more aggressive at this time, but we found them to be quite friendly.

Ed made a friend.

A Timberwolf. Such a cute little puppy.

Taking a walk to explore.

The Buffalo.

Another friend for Ed...it is mating season after all! hardy har har.

Arctic Wolves. Gorgeous. Here puppy, puppy, puppy.

Still don't know what this is...a mountain goat perhaps?? Who knows...

Do not feed the bears!

Petting the deer.



And a couple of videos. (I had to split one video into two because it was such a large file.)
Bella & The Deer Part 1:
.

Bella & The Deer Part 2:

No comments:

Post a Comment