Monday, May 26, 2008

Whatta Week!

Whatta week we've had since returning home! The day after Bella and I returned home from Windsor, we took Ed to the Emergency Room as he was losing site in his left eye. It turned out he had a detached retina. If we would have waited a few more days he very likely would have gone completely blind in that eye! So, an urgent and really gross procedure involving his eyeball, a needle, and a gas bubble was performed, followed by laser surgery the next day. Ed was put on activity restrictions which involved not even being able to lift Bella...Mom to the rescue! She drove all the way to Ottawa on a moments notice to help us out. I was able to get off my first two day shifts, but was required to work my last two night shifts and Ed needed help with Bella while I was sleeping during the day. What can I say, except that I've got the best mom in the world!
Thanks to everyone for all their offers of help and well-wishes.

We have our very own pirate in the house. "Arrggghh." Bella finds her daddy's eye patch more amusing than scary. And wow, is it ever tempting to poke at!
Bella is happy to have Gramma here to show her new and exciting things. In this case, old fashioned hair rollers!
Looking at the picture of baby Zoe......and loving it so much that she wanted to give baby Zoe kisses.

Finally, a video I took before our trip to Windsor. ...just getting around to posting it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment