Poor Ysabella has her very first diaper rash. Could it be from all the different yummy foods she's been trying? Or, could it be that she is getting more teeth? They ('they' meaning the professionals...) say that babies don't get diaper rashes from teething, but I think all the mom's out there would argue that point. So, we've had a few diaperless baby sessions today. Boy, she really likes having a naked bum! I've sat her on disposable blanket pads, yet somehow, someway, (despite not being able to crawl!), she has managed to wiggle her bum off the pad numerous times. And while off the pad...yep, you guessed it, she pooped on two separate occasions! (Perhaps it's the fresh breeze on her bum?) The second incident occured while I stepped into the kitchen (she was in the living room) for like, 10 seconds...and when I returned, I found her playing with her poop in hand! EEEK!!! All I can say is, thank goodness she didn't put it in her mouth!!! Not funny at the time, but mildly amusing as I write this. Lesson learned...and NO! I didn't take any pictures of this!
Ysabella is not crawling yet. In fact, I think she's pretty much boycotted it again. Which is ok with me. I put her down in one place and she remains in relatively the same spot until I move her again. Moms that I know who have a mobile baby now, or mothers who are on their 2nd child tell me that I should enjoy this stage immensely. They tell me to NOT encourage the crawling. I can understand that. Despite all the advice though, Ysa and I still have 'practice crawling time' on our tummies. Well, at least I think I've got the crawling thing down pat.
Ysa, kicking her legs and feet really hard (as evidenced by the blurry photo), wondering why it's not working!
After all that hard work (about 30 seconds), it was break time!
Break time and vibrating teether time! (Yep, they do make vibrating teethers for children...)
No comments:
Post a Comment